Building Your Dream Body – Are you finding it difficult to build muscle mass, even though you follow an extensive workout routine? You may have tried a variety of protein drinks and have your own personal trainer but achieving your desired weight and look are just not happening. Finding the best protein build muscle fast is often a time-consuming process. This review will help you through your quest to narrow down your choices.
Here are five of the best-selling and highest performance-rated whey protein powdered dietary supplements. They should be taken first thing in the morning and before or after exercise to help increase muscle mass and strength.
Note: These protein products are intended to be used by healthy adults that are over the age of 18. If you have a history of medical problems please check with your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider before taking any of these dietary supplements.
My Five Picks For Best-Selling Protein Powder Mixes That Build Muscle Fast:
Optimum is widely considered a top of the line “best of the best” protein supplement. It is available in a huge selection of 24 flavors. The combination of isolate and concentrate proteins makes it relatively easy to mix without clumping and fairly rich tasting. Some flavors do contain sucralose but this product does not typically cause stomach upset and keeps you feeling full.
- 24 grams of all-whey protein
- Pure WPI – primary ingredient
- Ultra filtered WPC – secondary ingredient
- 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid
- 5.5 grams of natural branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)
Dymatize is made with pre-hydrolized protein, which makes it easy to digest and absorb. It is a low-calorie, low-carbohydrate product that mixes easily with almost anything without clumping or grittiness. This mix also has a relatively low fat content. It comes in a large variety of flavors but they can vary widely in tastiness.
- 25 grams of all-whey protein
- WPH and WPI – for high protein/easy fat digestion
- Less than 1 gram of fat & sugar per serving
- 5.5 grams BCAAs
- 2.7 grams Leucine/serving
- Less than 0.5 grams lactose/serving
Sascha Fitness created this Hydrolyzed Isolate and Whey Concentrate from grass-fed protein to make it easy to digest and absorb into muscle. Grass-fed protein is generally considered to be a more organic and healthy supplement. Sascha is made from a natural sweetener (Stevia) to make it sugary without a bitter after-taste. Digestive enzymes and a virtually allergen-free chemical formula prevent bloating. It is available in 5 delicious flavors.
- Hydrolyzed Isolate is stomach friendly
- 80% Whey Concentrate
- 98% Whey Isolate
- 100% grass-fed protein
- Zero carbs, fat, and lactose
- No artificial sweeteners
- Low in sodium
Isopure Zero Carb unflavored protein mix is a 100% Whey Isolate that is keto-friendly and lactose-free. This unflavored version has no added colors or sweeteners and gives you an easy way to add protein to your already flavored beverages. Some flavored versions of this product do contain carbs. It is tasteless and mixes well with cold or hot beverages. There are cheaper protein isolates available but this product is so pure that it is completely clear when dissolved in water.
- 25 grams of protein/serving
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- Completely tasteless
- No fats, carbs, lactose, or fillers
- Some flavored versions may contain carbs
- 5.67 natural BCAAs/serving
- 2.57 grams of natural L-glutamine/serving
NOW Sports Nutrition has been repackaged to give it a brand new look but the formulation did not change. This is another unflavored 100% Whey Isolate that mixes well but can get a little foamy. This product is easily digested and bioavailable. It is certified (Informed-Sport seal) to be free of banned substances. NOW is a family-owned and operated business since 1968 that makes ingredient quality control and functionality it’s primary focus.
- 25 grams of protein/serving
- 5.57 BCAAs/serving
- Low carb, low cholesterol
- Very high protein levels
What’s The Difference Between Concentrates, Isolates, & Hydrolysates?
Whey is generally considered the best alternative for building muscle and is available as concentrates, isolates, and hydrolysates. It has the highest biological value (BV) of any source of protein and is typically superior in amino acid content.
- Whey Protein Concentrates (WPC) have lower fat and cholesterol levels but higher levels of carbohydrate (e.g. lactose). They can vary in protein by 29% -89% by weight and are typically the most flavorful.
- Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) are greater than 90% protein by weight with most of the fat and lactose removed.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysates (WPH) contain predigested and partially hydrolyzed (fragmented) proteins that are easier to digest and metabolize. They are also less allergenic.
Protein supplements may contain any one or a combination of these three preparations (WPC, WPI, & WPH).
To learn more about whey protein go here.
There are an almost unlimited number of types and brands of protein mixes available on the market today. Protein quality, fat, carbohydrate, and type of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) can vary significantly in supplements that may claim to produce similar results. Commercially available products can use whey & casein (both from cow’s milk), beef, soy, and egg white as sources of protein. Whey protein is generally considered the best choice for building muscle quickly.
Unflavored mixes have the advantage of being more naturally pure and can be mixed with your favorite flavored drink. Flavored mixes can be mixed with milk or water but their taste can vary widely. Cost per pound may also be a factor but there is something available to fit most any budget. Protein mixes are an excellent supplement to a healthy diet and can help with some causes of chronic fatigue.
Tell Us What You Think
Please leave a comment below if you enjoyed this review, have any questions about these products, or want to leave your own personal review.